Live. Laugh. Love. DANCE.

Profile
ZhiXin.
& I Love Dance.
I know I belong to God. I know I have awesome people around me. Maybe not all the time, but it's sufficient. Don't say I didn't warn you, my post are drug-doused; they are really long and might put you to sleep. There, you have all about me.





The Daily
Says Who
Yesterdays
Goodbye Solitudes

Leap of Faith
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Satio: So have you come to kill me? I've been waiting for someone to come for me...
Cobb: Someone from a half remembered dream... 
Satio: Cobb? Impossible. He and I were young men together, now I'm an old man.
Cobb: Filled with regret...
Satio: Waiting to die alone...
Cobb: I've come back to remind you of something... something you once knew...
[Sees the top spinning without end]
Cobb: that this world isn't real... 
Satio: To convince me to honor the arrangement.
Cobb: To take a leap of faith yes...


We all know that parents do everything for our own sake. They worry for our health, they worry for our education, they worry for our future. Sometimes, when they worry too much, they tend to superimpose their picture of a successful and happy future on our future. More often than not, this occurs because they themselves were not able to pursue that kind of a future. Facing such situations, the amiable ones would give in to their parents' wishes and discard their own dreams, the strong-willed ones would risk damaging the kinship to pursue their interests. Perhaps when we talk it out, the problem would be solved; No relationship harmed, our future comes into our hand. This, however, isn't applicable to all families.

Planning out our future for us and making sure nothing goes wrong is perceived to be their responsibility as parents. That doesn't mean they don't take into consideration what we want for ourselves. Parents are more of a guiding light, to give us their opinions when we make decisions so that we grow, to stop us from making grave mistakes when we are about dive head-first into a wall. They shouldn't be there to be our bubble of protection, shielding us from everything and without knowing it, causing our body to become unconditioned to the actual world. Similar to how it works in games, that bubble of protection will eventually disappear, leaving us to fend for ourselves in the world. Now that the bubble of protection is gone forever, there is no longer the source of guidance. Hence, it is possible that we fall harder than we would. Apparently some parents never get that point right. 

J has to study again today because she has a test tomorrow. Well, this got me thinking. If this happened in my family today, I would have just shrugged it off. Lydia had similar opinion. I'm surprised that this is happening, even in a godly family like hers. What is the point of studying for results when you are doing it at the expense of obeying God? Isn't studying supposed to honour and glorify him? Assuming that J's mom just wants her to excel in her studies and to make her mark someday in this competitive stressful world, and that all parents are doing what they do for their child's sake, it wouldn't be so wrong of her to insist that she study. But as a christian, she shouldn't be doing so at the expense of working on a sabbath day. God has proven it true that all work can be completed within 6 days and by resting on the 7th day, hence making it his holy day. Even Elijah and some others have proven it true that working 6 days full (with leisure time on the television and time spent on CCAs) is sufficient to obtain grades of a certain standard. God has included you in his plan, why didn't you include him in yours?

There is sadness in the family because everything is superimposed. I'm dealing with mine alright but my brothers are upset that their interests are being disregarded. Actually, they are more disappointed that my parents are dismissing the fact of them being capable of achievements and supporting themselves in the future. Though easier said than done, all they need to do is to come to terms that our parents will continue to discourage us in such ways and all we have to do is to destroy any part of information that is irrelevant and damaging to our confidence. In the process of doing so, we should of course be careful not to delete the points that are corrective.

There isn't anything much they can do at this point in time, they can only take it as it comes. Also, work out what they really want during this buffer period that they have. As for me, I'm trusting everything into God's hand. I have experienced enough to know that God will have me where he wants me at and there is no running away from it. Maybe there will be more experiences in the future, but I'll try my best to follow not my will but God's plan for me. But seriously, I still haven't figured out what I want to do in the future haha.

Oh, on a lighter note, that photo at the start of this post reminded me a lot of the challenge pole that I didn't manage to go on during Sec 3 camp. And "Leap of Faith", was triggered by a picture on a previous blogskin and Inception, the movie.

By ZhiXin.♥
@ 5:04 PM