Live. Laugh. Love. DANCE.

Profile
ZhiXin.
& I Love Dance.
I know I belong to God. I know I have awesome people around me. Maybe not all the time, but it's sufficient. Don't say I didn't warn you, my post are drug-doused; they are really long and might put you to sleep. There, you have all about me.





The Daily
Says Who
Yesterdays
Goodbye Solitudes

To be a Champion.
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Sounds a little like Milo advertisement catchphrase but this was what the president of the Olympic committee said right? 

Ah.. Can't believe the opening ceremony is officially over. I miss the fun that we've had yesterday. Meeting of the athletes was really quite interesting, more about it later. Hm, rushing to gobble down our dinner which wasn't as great as our lunch. SAF food is really quite erms, limited I see. Rushed down to the floating platform from the F1 pit, enjoying the fireworks as we go. Photos, photos and lots and lots of photo-taking going on too. With and without the athletes. Haha, Kaijie and his Mr Brazil. 

My athlete is 17 and he speaks English :D but he's not very out-going? Being a runner, after we met up, he was watching Usain Bolt on his new Samsung phone given to him by YOG. He politely asked if I heard of him, haha. Then later on he switched to the Hitler video on YouTube, the spoof version. Talked about Singapore, talked about Swaziland. Didn't exactly learn anything new cause I've already Google-d his country. Wanted to ask him how many athletes is coming from his country but was afraid that it'll turn out offensive or something so yeah. Then the Armenia athlete who was with his placard holder, sitting in the row in front of me, was just looking around. He gave this Canadian-Singaporean girl sitting behind him, who was hosting some South African country too, one of his badges. Nice(:

Went down to mingle with the rest. Wanted to breakaway to take photos with the other athletes too but thought it would be rude so I didn't. Stayed on and tried chatting with him. Not very successful. When the in-charge boomed over the speakers for us to proceed back into the tent. I just told my athlete see you later or something like that and went off :D phew. Lynette walked past me in the tent and she was like there's a lot of hot guys eh! haha! Met Ying Tian and Yolanda back at the tent and went on a photo-taking spree with the athletes. When we decided that we're hungry and done, finally, dinner(: By then the athletes have already moved to the platform by the buses. After dinner, fell into position and moved on feet to the platform. Met up with our athletes there again and yup moved backstage. 

Said hi to Jing En's athlete. I forgot how the Hi-5 thing started but here's part of how it ended. I gave Jing En a Hi-5 and she Hi-5 back. Then I turned to Oliver, Jing En's athlete and he hi-5 me back. and it gone on to John. Stopped at Francesca cause for don't know what reason, she kept playing tricks on me. Like the peacock sign, gave me a scissors (from scissors paper and stone), etc. Went on to Daniel and yay! got my Hi-5 back. My athlete just dao-ed me ( but I forgive him cause he didn't know what was a Hi-5. Tried 5 times to get him to hi-5 me back and failed. He just smirked and turned away. I wonder what he thought I was doing ) Then Oliver learnt that and stopped giving me hi-5 too D: Sian. Daniel just did a jellyfish later on. So everyone ended up having fun bullying me when I'm just trying to be nice and lighten up the atmosphere. Great. We did have great fun backstage though(: SWAZILAND FTW.

On-stage. Standing a few steps away from appearing on international television, I was thinking: Okay, Jing En says 1000, 2000, 3000, TURN. haha I got up there and I still did the same thing, frantically looking for the markings on the floor to see where I'm supposed to turn and all. Luckily, it didn't looked that way on the television :P Standing there was just endless smiling and painful heels. The speech is so loooong (meant to be, I guess, to make the event more profound), and the chairman kept stopping to WAIT for applause. okay, nevermind that. After we went up to the rings, it's just pain. Pain in the knees and heels. The waving of the flag was messy, I could see the opposite side was like really really messy. Haha, but it was all fun la. The flame is. AWESOME. Whoosh whooosh whooosh WHOOOOOM. Tornado flame! :D Pretty and strong.

Packing up and cleaning up, photos again. Went off in my parent's car tonight, I wanted to take the bus home instead so that there won't be any nagging and too much talking and I can have my peaceful sleep/ nap. They insisted to drive me home so I didn't have a choice. Waited and waited, even when that group of NSmen standing opposite me was gone, still waiting. Finally they came. Bombarded me with all sorts of rubbish like oh you should have tried this way this way this way to get more airtime and all. And why so messy, the athletes don't know where to turn one, why some of them get the perfect airtime and you don't etc. How would I get my perfect peace this way. Gave up answering after a while and just ignored their rants and whims. Earphones plugged in and yes. "peace". Reached home and after a shower, it was all so much better.

Still waiting for the rest to upload the rest of the photos. It should be all on Facebook soon. Next up, the closing ceremony. Can't wait :D

By ZhiXin.♥
@ 4:33 PM