Live. Laugh. Love. DANCE.

Profile
ZhiXin.
& I Love Dance.
I know I belong to God. I know I have awesome people around me. Maybe not all the time, but it's sufficient. Don't say I didn't warn you, my post are drug-doused; they are really long and might put you to sleep. There, you have all about me.





The Daily
Says Who
Yesterdays
Goodbye Solitudes

The essence of everything.
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Dance was fun, didn't even notice how time flew by! This feeling is so different from Wednesday's and Thursday's training, almost like it's back to the good ol' days of Blaze trainings. Oh how I miss those days of hardcore dance training, when bruises and burns were micro-issues and all that mattered was the fun we have while dancing the great choreography Fredy, Jessica and Ryan gave us. So yes, I got bruises again. One big patch on one knee and burn plus small bruise on the other. Haha, it's painful but I don't really care about it.

All the choreography for the 3 dances are almost complete already. Jessica says she's going to add something to her item but I don't think I'm going to involved in it, I just feel that way. It's okay though :P Hm some enlightenment today. I was sad over the amount of and kind of dance I was given on Wednesday but not anymore(: Today, some council people came over to watch our completed dances. When they were watching Jumping into River. I saw smiles creeping onto their faces. It was so, heartwarming. Jumping into Rivers was one of the main reason I was sad on Wednesday cause yeah, not a part of the lead. I shall re-emphasise again, I am no longer sad. No, it's not because I've just gotten a lead part in it with the other 4 but it's because of the smiles the "audience" had on their faces. It doesn't matter anymore that I'm usually standing at the back now, as long as I can see their beaming faces, just a glimpse will do, I'll be able to finish the whole dance without regret that I am a small fry in this.

Lesson learnt: Realise that you're focusing on the wrong thing, step out of the picture and zooming in to the right focus. With reference to the dance sessions, when we focus on the world, it would be like us fighting over getting the spotlight. This is evident during today's training, when I subconsciously realised that almost everyone was fighting for the limelight in the dark. They don't show it, but yes, it can be felt. I can't just say "they" cause I probably am guilty of it too. So, "we" it shall be. Let's go back to why we are fighting for the limelight one way or another. It's because we are so involved with starring that we forgot and disposed of the essence of dance. We end up dancing for others, not ourselves-- Wrong focus. The impact of a wrong focus is bad, very bad. It brings nothing but that emptiness and sadness to one. Zooming into how the song makes you feel and how each dance step feels would bring so much more happiness and joy as compared to thinking about where you're being placed on the stage.

Applying to our relationship with God, we often get too engrossed with what the world offers and promotes and distance ourselves from Him without knowing it ourselves. We zoom in to what the world asks of us and becomes worldly when God actually intends for us a godly life like that of Christ Jesus. Wrong focus. This is when the emptiness comes in, like we're missing a piece of the jigsaw puzzle. We can be doing things that we think will make us happy but all in all, there's only one source of true happiness and everything is a subset of that. God. "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus" -Philippians 4:19. This is also the verse I wrote on my A level Chinese Listening Comprehension paper before it begun :P It's so encouraging to know that when everything goes wrong be it family, friends, dance or whatsoever, that God is always there to give you that little beam of sunshine. For warmth or for light(: The greatness lies in the way He gives us this little beam of sunshine that will brighten up every single dark creeping corners. He uses the people in our lives to do so, He uses His Words to do so too. 

Today is such a meaningful day, haha. Great weather for sleeping, I definitely need to catch up on the extreme loss of sleep over the weekends. Promo is approaching like a tornado and I believe I'll be in the safe house when reaches me, along with many others(: Okay, sleep nao. Hibernation :D

By ZhiXin.♥
@ 12:44 AM