Having Done All To Stand.
Sunday, June 20, 2010
"Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God , that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
~Ephesians 6:13~"
I'm back from camp! It seemed as though quite a lot of things happened this year during Bible Conference. As compared to last year, I felt myself less prompted to indulge in His word during messages and less driven to study. Brought lots of subjects over but ended up studying none of it. The conference involved mostly late nights and early mornings that had me ended up sleeping through most of the devotions and the first messages of each day. I'm usually wide awake by the second message to hear the MTT people, awake enough to copy down notes diligently. I only realised what was going on when I accepted Elijah's offer to give my testimony on Testimony Night.
Day One. Got my card-key and yes went to my room with my roomie till dinner. Allister's room was the second on my left. I can't exactly remember much things from day one... I remember me desperately trying to find someone else to hang out with apart from my roommate. If I'm not wrong, it was also the first day that Aaron prank-called me with the fake name of Uncle (something). The night ended early and I managed to wake up on time for devotion.
Day Two. Aaron's birthday! Arranged with Lydia and Nicholas to crash his room early in the morning to wish him happy birthday but couldn't wake up early enough xP So met him at the lift lobby and wished him there instead. FINALLY! Michelle was about to sleep when Lydia called me over but she said she wanted to tag along too. Allister, Aaron Chai and Timothy Foong was there that time. The others were just laughing over some issues while Michelle was partly quiet and I was talking to Aaron. He told me that there's something to Dominic that I don't know and would choose to not know. He had me dying to know but not wanting to know at the same time. When they left, they walked Michelle back to our room while I camped in Lydia's room for the night cause Aaron wanted me to stay to take care of her. I was of course more than glad to do so. Anna-joy was off to rachel's so Lydia would be alone if I left. We talked till 1:30 before deciding to turn in for the night.
Day Three. Woke up in the morning with Lydia telling me that she's not feeling well and that I should go wash-up for devotion first and to come around to wake her up for breakfast. Asked her to rest well and went back to my room. Michelle was half awake when I got back. I think she knows that I spent the night at Lydia's room cause my bed was kind of untouched :P Combined games was rather boring but had great fellowship(: Well, my group won too :D hehheh. Spent the night camping at Timothy Loh's room. Was just flipping through his notes while Aaron chia and Timothy Foong was catching Celtic's match on the TV. Decided to study for a bit and went to get my notes from my room. Michelle was preparing to sleep already. This time she didn't tag along. Tried studying but ended up reading only the first page of my maths notes. Nicholas came over for a while when they ordered supper but later on nic left with foong and Aaron decided to sleep. Tim loh studied his Physics more than I did for maths. I ended up watching The Dark Knight on TV. Wait correction, we both ended up watching that show on TV until 2:30am. He walked me back to my room after that. Sleep.
Day Four. Woke up super late, very very late for devotion. Tim Loh was already there. Didn't see Aaron Chia anywhere. Slept part of the afternoon away before going for Captains' Ball in the ballroom. Played till quite late before deciding to go bath. Michelle left earlier to bath but when I went up she was still bathing so I had to wait. By the time I got in it was already late for dinner so I asked her to go down first and to save a seat for me. Took my time and was very late. Choir practice that night was canceled cause many were late. That includes me. Stayed up that night half wanting to write notes half wanting to watch the TV but I ended up watching Happy Feet on the TV till 1:30am. Was late again the following morning.
Day Five! Time passes by so quickly. Choir practice was at 1:30 and I think I was late again.. maybe it was because I went back to change for Captain's ball. After Choir practice, CAPTAIN'S BALL AGAIN :D haha, then rushed up to bath before rushing back down for Testimony Night. Yes, I didn't write out any draft testimony once again and this time I was really really nervous going up unprepared and unaccompanied. I could hear my voice shiver when I was up there.. I couldn't exactly arrange my thoughts so it just came out in broken parts. Alex was encouraging, I love his smile(: Made me feel slightly better when I was up there. Better yet, he was sitting right in front of the stage(: Managed to get over and done with my testimony. Halfway through the testimonials, Nic's mom had a epileptic relapse. But the night went on. After that event, everyone was downcast.
Most of the YFers still made their way to Shiqi's room for the last combined fellowship. It was our mini-testimonial night. Ryan picked me to share my testimonial and whether I achieved my goals that were set on the first night. I told them that I was too nervous just now so I left lots of things out. But to make up for that, I just went on and on during my sharing, about everything that happened since last year's camp. Slowly, tears started to flow and I was choking back sobs as I tried to make my points and relate my life's story. I just couldn't stop crying thinking about my life and how Fidelia and Tim loh was there to help me in my spiritual growth although I was handicapped. I was just so happy that they were always there for me. But tim loh wasn't in the room, after my sharing, Ian came in to look for Lydia. I didn't look up cause my face was probably in a mess from all that crying but I caught a glimpse of his lime green jacket. Later on Lydia asked me if I wanted to go comfort Tim loh cause he witness the whole event then I was like yeah let's go. Dn Kenny held me back for a bit to tell me about his life and encouraged me to press on.
Stayed in Tim loh's room till Aaron came back. Went downstair to meet Ian at the main lobby before deciding to camp in his room since night games plan cannot be carried out. Somehow, it ended up with only me and Lydia going up to his room. After a while, Kenneth and gang came in. Elijah too later on. But all in all, Lydia and I ended up staying up the whole night talking to him in his room. And acting stupid it was kinda fun though. Ting Jun was under covers half listening and half asleep. Borrowed his lime green jacket which smelled so nice and had it on cause the air-con was too cold for the whole night. Haha but the smell slowly faded away after devotion.
I think I shall stop here. Got to go get ready for dance now. Captain's ball was extremely fun, we had it almost everyday when we were there :D Well, it's back to our normal life now. Seems like I have been crying a lot lately/: BUT I'm going to stop now. Everything has something to be happy about(: Even now, I'll press on!
By ZhiXin.♥
@ 7:01 PM